Tuesday 5 June 2018

--- Colour Blast DT --- "Friends' Scrapbook Layout + process video

Hi Scrap Friends

Today I'm sharing a new project for Colour Blast

"Friends"


This page (for me at least) is VERY mixed media!!!



I've used the following

Colour Artists Ink Soot
Colour Spray Rainforest
Colour Shimmer Dust Lust
Colour Spray Sunset
Colour Paste Tangareen Dream


***

I firstly chose a photo - the little pop of orange in the picture was my inspiration for the pop of orange on this layout.


The Colour Artists Ink come with a dropper - so I wanted to use this to make my background.
I've lightly sprayed the edge of the page with water and then used the dropper to add colour and let it run.


As each layer dries, rotate the page and repeat.
I let the ink dry naturally overnight and then added some Colour Paste Tangareen Dream through a stencil in some of the square areas of the ink drips.


To help with the flow of my orange theme, I've trimmed the outside of the inked cardstock and mounted it on orange.
I also added some background splatters with Colour Spray Sunset


While playing around with the layout, I decided I needed to frame the photo.
I pulled out a chipboard circle and added some White Heavy Gesso


I thought about embossing, but decided to pull a little of the green from the elements of the paper collection I've used and firstly painted the chipboard with Colour Spray Rainforest.


It just wasn't green enough so I then coloured it with the Colour Shimmer Dust Lust  - much better!


Finally, I've added some diamontes, wood veneer, flair and cheeseclothe.


This is so different to my normal creations but I love how it turned out.


***

You can see the whole process in the video below.






Thanks for visiting.
Happy Scrapping



No comments:

Post a Comment