Tuesday 24 October 2017

--- Colour Blast DT --- "Cherish" Scrapbook Layout + process video

Hi Scrap Friends

Today I'm sharing a new project for Colour Blast

"Cherish"


To begin this page, I've collected some supplies.
- Photo, paper, chipboard, flowers
- White heavy gesso
- Colour sprays
- Embossing powder
- Stamps


Before I start adding anything, I've reinforced this background paper with a second sheet of paper - as I knew I was going to add lots of mediums.

Using a spatula, spread White Heavy Gesso to create a base for the mediums and help mute the background.


While the gesso dries, I added Colour embossing powder in Steel to the chipboard pieces.



I collected some papers to create a photo cluster.


The cluster features lots of layers and includes tags and a circular element.


The background is dry so I've added some stamping using permanent ink - so that the ink doesn't run when I start adding other mediums.


I added first Colour shimmer spray in Envy and moved the colour around with my finger.
Repeat the process with Colour spray Carribean.


When the sprays are dry, I wanted to add some more texture.
You could achieve the same with Colour Pastes, however
I chose to mix Colour Mica powder Polar with matte gel medium - as it gave me control over the depth of the colour.
I added more mica powder to increase the depth of colour as required.


The matte gel gives it a lovely finish.


I'm always on the lookout for interesting textures to use on layouts and I found this
"Creepy Gauze Cloth" at my local discount store - perfect!


It adds such interest to the background of the layers and the pop of black helps lift the blue background colour.


Finally I've embellished the page with the chipboard pieces, flowers and some black splatters.
These 49 & Market flowers needed a little help to blend in with the page so I coloured them with Colour Shimmer Spray Envy.



This process video goes for about five minutes and shows in more detail, how I achieved this page.



Thanks for visiting.
Happy Scrapping


No comments:

Post a Comment