Tuesday 8 May 2018

--- Colour Blast DT --- "Really" Scrapbook Layout + process video

Hi Scrap Friends

Today I'm sharing a new project for Colour Blast

"Really"








For this page I've used the following

Colour Spray Carribean
Colour Shimmer Spray Envy

***

Firstly, at the end of this blog post you will find a video link - I'd encourage you to watch it so that you can see how I achieved this reverse cut file.

I'll try and explain it, but it's much easier to watch ...

After you have cut out your cut file - leave the remaining pieces on the sticky mat.
Add glue to the left over cut file pieces and then place a piece of 12x12 paper/cardstock over the glue.
Allow to dry overnight and then peel all the pieces off the mat.
You are left with the reverse cut file - so cool!
  

I've given my page a coat of clear gesso.
Then in each square I'm going to use a paint brush to add Colour Spray Carribean, Colour Shimmer Spray Envy and Colour Shimmer Cube Deep Water.
Using my stamp block, I then pressed the colour to smudge it around.


Add as much or as little colour as you desire.


I allow my colour to dry naturally overnight - but a heat gun works also.
Once dry, I used black pen to draw around the cut file.


I felt like the background still need a little something, so I added some Black Heavy Gesso through a stencil using a sponge.


Finally, I chose some papers, stickers and elements to enhance my photos.


I just love how you can really see the layers in the page:
paper, mixed media, paper, photo.

***

You can see the whole process in the video below.





Thanks for visiting.
Happy Scrapping



No comments:

Post a Comment