Saturday 1 May 2021

*** Mystical Scrapbooks *** 8 week challenge - Around the world - Week 1: Brazil

 

Welcome to our annual 8-week competition for 2021! 

Are you ready for a fabulous 8 week trip around the world? 

This year our challenges are inspired by amazing countries around the world but remember, your pages can be on any subject at all, just follow the challenge requirements.

So grab your gear we're off to...


When I think of Brazil I think of Rio.
Now I'm singing the song but I'm also thinking of all the colours of Carnival!




My inspiration is all about the rainbow:

"Captured"



The Cocoa Vanilla Studio "Sunkissed" collection is just perfect for this challenge.
Don't forget to include some washi tape

I prepped my white cardstock with gesso

Then created a rainbow background using Distress Oxides but the colour dried a lot lighter than I planned so I added some more colour using my watercolour palette.

I love this title "Captured" from the Unforgettable Foam titles sheet.

Although my kit hasn't arrived, I've improvised with some washi tape from my stash.

I needed the layout to have a little pop so I fussy cut the Summerlights paper so I could add the stars.
The title was so dark so I added some black stamped stars to tie everything together.

I've finished with some stickers, cotton and Charms Creations Stars.

Here is the video to check out how this layout came together.




This was such fun, I can't wait to see your rainbow inspiration. 

Happy Crafting ...




 

No comments:

Post a Comment