Sunday 8 March 2015

Scrap the Girls - Mixed Media layout "Mum"

I went through a big mixed media phase but haven't really been playing much lately as felt it wasn't really my style. There are some beautiful mixed media artists out there that are so inspiring so after visiting some other blogs and watching a few tutorials I thought I'd have another play around and see what I could come up with. 

This is my layout for Scrap the Girls March sketch challenge.



This is a photo of my Mum and I at my baby shower, so the title Mum has a double meaning. Since becoming a mum myself, I have so much more respect for my own mum and am grateful for everything she's done and continues to do for me.

A close up of the flowers - a mix of Little Birdie, Kaisercraft and Flourish with a Bling.



Materials:

Black cardstock, gesso, texture paste, Kaisercraft red acrylic paint, Mod podge "Matte", Gelatos "Silver Ice", various papers, stamps, embossing powder, cotton twine, "Mum" cut from Cricut "Artiste" cartridge, black ink, Flowers, butterfly and Merci leaves

11 comments:

  1. This looks amazing, I love the mixed media and fabulous colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the black background...so perfect for your mixed-media layout work...Thank you so much for playing with us at STG

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning Layout, great bold colours!!! And a lovely pic. Thanks for joining us at Scrap The Girls

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What an awesome layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooohh...love the dark background! Nice touches of mixed media too. Thanks heaps for joining us at Scrap the Girls :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Louise, love your page. Thanks heaps for joining us this month at STG ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the black background - stunning page! Thanks for joining us at Scrap The Girls. good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really beautiful. Love all the detail! Thanks for joining in at STGs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. STUNNING!! Thank you for playing along with Scrap The Girls! xx Amanda

    ReplyDelete