Wednesday 20 June 2018

--- A2Z Scraplets DT --- "Catch of the Day" Scrapbook Layout

Hi Scrap Friends

Today I'm sharing a layout for A2Z Scraplets

My layout "Catch of the Day"



One of my challenges to myself in 2018 is to use my stash.
So I go to the back of my paper collections and must create something, using those papers.
Today it's an older collection from Cocoa Vanilla Studio.

***

Firstly I chose a chipboard piece ...
the Catch of the day word is perfect for my fishing mad family!



I started with a white 12x12 cardstock background and then did some paper tearing - it's one of my favourite ways to add interest and texture.



Next, I covered my chipboard piece in white heavy gesso.
I also played around with placement and background elements - using the papers as inspiration for the triangle pieces.



I then adhered everything down and added some background stamping.



Using the collection as inspiration I added Colour Blast Shimmer Cube in "Deep Water" to the stamped circles with a few little splatters too.



To coordinate my chipboard I used Distress Crayons to achieve the desired colour.



I added a little bit of black around the chipboard title and added foam squares to the back, to help it lift off the page.


I generally add my journalling last - even if it's just a date or year - so that I know where the photo will fit in an album (when I eventually get around to putting them away LOL).



Here is the finished layout.




Thanks for visiting.
Happy Scrapping. 

No comments:

Post a Comment