Thursday 20 August 2015

Scrap Around the World August Mixed Media Scrapbook Layout

Hello Scrap Friends

Today I'm sharing a layout I created taking inspiration from
 Scrap Around the World August Moodboard.

"Discover"








My inspiration came immediately from the beach picture.
Living in regional Queensland means that a trip to the beach is a real treat.
I had the perfect photo of Master Z looking cool at his first trip to the beach.
I started with a lovely brown palette as per the colours of the mood board but found as I progressed with my layout that it was looking a little dull.
I added some colour and instantly felt better about the layout.
The title "Discover" was perfect.

Lots of elements formed this layout. 

Fantastic papers from the "Thoughts Keeper" range from 7 Dots Studio.

Layers of Ink, modelling paste, stamping, Gesso & mists. 
Some cheese clothe, twine and a touch of sparkle.

Thanks for visiting.


5 comments:

  1. Awesome layout! I love the grunchy look.
    Thank you for playing along with Scrap Around The World.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous layout!! The background is so pretty and I love the flowers!! But what I like the most, it is the photo!!! Have a great day :) Thank you for joining the SATW challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing!! Love Your gorgeous background! Thanks for joining Our Challenge at Scrap Around The World!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous layout! Amazing textures and colours!
    Thank you for joining us at SATW this month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable! Love all the masking and those great twine circles! Such a happy page! All the best from SATW! :)

    ReplyDelete