Friday 24 August 2018

Scrap the Boys August Challenge "Funday"

Hi Scrap Friends

Today I'm sharing a layout created for the August challenge at
Scrap the Boys.

My layout "Funday"



This months inspiration was

When I also saw the cut file inspiration, I had an idea ...


Now mostly when my ideas start out, they end up nothing like what I imagined.
I'm pleased to say that this one did!

I cut the geo leaves first and then laid them on white cardstock.
I then used Colour Blast sprays and shimmer sprays over the top.
Once dry, I lifted the coloured leaves and laid them on the layout for dimension.


Surprisingly, I hadn't chosen a photo before starting the page. When I went through the photo stash, I found this one of Master Z hunting for easter eggs beneath a tree! 
Couldn't believe it was just perfect!
Some paper layering and minimal embellishments really let the background shine.

I really feel like my mojo has been missing lately but I love how this one turned out. 

Thanks for visiting.
Happy Scrapping.


6 comments:

  1. It is truly gorgeous your idea with the cut files as stencil...love it !! Great take on our challenge by STB. xoxo Heike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Louise, all I can say is WOW! I love how you have used that cut file, so awesome. Thanks for joining us at Scrap the Boys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic, Louise!! <3 Love how you used the cut file as a mask! Thanks for joining us at STB :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You rocked this challenge with the cut file and created a gorgeous forest for this little one. Love the mottled colours and the misted background. Thanks for joining us at Scrap the Boys.

    Reply

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great use of the cut file, fab layout, thanks for joining in this month.

    ReplyDelete